пятница, июня 24, 2005

jtguyiuyuiy

I've heard that at some point Daniel got flabbergasted and couldn't make the two ends meet. Indeed, the Gentoo Foundation was http://www.abc.com accepting donations, and so he was kind of living on them, but it wasn't enough to feed his family. So, here's what I think happened to Daniel. He suddenly faced one of the hard facts that few FOSS companies (or companies pretending to have a FOSS-based business)

I may not have been very interested and productive when I was hired as a "Sales manager" by a Red Hat reseller and found myself in a ... call center calling prospects the entire day. Another experience also showed that people can get scared at the very idea that a "guy from the community" would come over and work with them. I worked once in a marketing dept from a very famous software vendor who is shifting its business model and coming to the "open source model" . The marketing director, who was my boss (and me his only assistant) started to make my life impossible because, and I learned that afterwards from his own boss, he was scared as hell to be fired because he didn't know anything about open source and I knew so much more than him...

Marketing Ideas, News and Thoughts

Technorati Tags: